Memorial Day weekend is upon us, and it won’t be long now before the kids will be home from school for the summer. That means you’ll probably be spending some time at the beach or pool over the next couple of months. Playing in the water is a great way to spend time with family and friends when the weather is hot, but it can also be stressful if you don’t know where all your beach/pool stuff is when you are ready to go. Here is a short list of some of the beach/pool essentials and a couple ideas for storing them so you can easily grab them on your way to the water:
The Top Ten Essentials
8. Beach & Water Toys
10. Something to carry everything
There is a ton of stuff that goes along with a trip to the beach or pool. This is especially true if you have children. It can be a ton of work to get the kids and all of their stuff together in one spot so you can go. To make your life easier, your beach gear should be placed together in appropriate containers, in a storage spot that is convenient to access. That way, you can easily grab it on your way out and throw it in the car.
Once you get to the beach/pool, it can be a pain to transport your stuff and keep track of the kids. That means that you probably need a wagon or beach cart to carry it all from the car to your perfect spot near the water.
• Use a large tote bag for keeping water and beach toys together: Make sure that the sand is washed off, beach balls and flotation devices are deflated, and everything is clean before you put it back in the tote bag.
• Use a backpack to handle most of the small items: Small items such as swimsuits, sunglasses towels, sunscreen, and Chap Stick, should fit into a backpack. Make sure to keep the sunscreen and other items that could leak in a plastic Ziploc bag and separate from the towels and swimsuits.
• Take a Cooler: You’ll probably work up an appetite playing in the water. Take a cooler along with you and stuff it full of your favorite snacks and drinks.
• Use a wagon or beach cart to get from the car to the beach/pool: If carrying everything is a problem, a wagon or beach cart work great for transporting your stuff from the car to the “watering hole”.
Playing in the water with family and friends is supposed to be fun. Take a little bit of the stress out of a trip to the pool or beach by planning ahead and having the essentials. From all of us at Price Self Storage, we hope you have a great summer!